Chief Engineer of Capacity Planning
Paul Holland has spent over 30 years working in the satellite industry, specializing in radio frequency (RF) satellite system engineering. His involvement touches many parts of the VSAT network business and technical support process, from engineering design, sales and marketing support, financial reporting to implementation and operational support.
Chief RF Systems Engineer at Spacenet (acquired by SageNet)
- Paul started working in the satellite industry immediately after earning his bachelor and master’s degrees in electrical engineering. His work has the depth and breadth of a 30-year veteran of the field, including acquisition and management of leased space segment, technical interface to satellite operators, financial reporting and forecasting, link budget analysis, project management, domestic and international VSAT network design, implementation and operational support and technical sales, marketing and proposal support.
- Technical management of teams supporting satellite network technology
- Space segment capacity planning, specification, selection and acquisition including vendor contract review, approval and execution
- Federal Communication Commission satellite network regulatory compliance and licensing support
- Generation of Statements of Work for vendor selection and oversight
- Generation of engineering documents for VSAT network implementation and operation such as Bill of Materials, Block and Level Diagrams, Wiring Diagrams, Transmission Plans, Link Budgets, Test Plans and Procedures and Field Service Bulletins