We will not use or disclose your Personal Information, unless you have given your permission, except for the following purposes:
- If you have requested information on obtaining products or services, SageNet reserves the right to forward your request to a SageNet channel partner or affiliated company if SageNet cannot service your request.
- To keep you informed about us and our Services.
- If we are required to disclose such Personal Information by any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- When you gain entry to a password-protected area of the SageNet website.
- When you download files, including whitepapers, etc.
- When you enter through an online banner advertisement on a third-party site.
We will not sell, trade or rent your Personal Information to others unless you have given your permission, with the exceptions described above.
In addition to the use of your Personal Information as described above, we may also gather anonymous information which may be used by us or shared with third parties. This information is not Personal Information because it does not identify you. This information may include the type of internet browser you are using, the domain name of the web site from which you linked to our site, and/or IP addresses.
If you have any questions about SageNet’s responsibilities toward Privacy, please feel free to contact us using the options above.
For California Residents:
Effective: January 1, 2020
Information We Collect
SageNet collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (”Personal Information”). Our website has collected the following categories of Personal Information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
Category A: Identifiers
- Examples: A name, internet protocol address, email address, or other similar identifiers.
- Collected: YES
Category B: Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
- Examples: A name, address, telephone number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information. Some Personal Information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
- Collected: YES
Category C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
- Examples: Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
- Collected: YES
Category D: Internet activity
- Examples: Browsing history, search history, information regarding a consumer’s interaction with a website
- Collected: YES
Category E: Geolocation
- Examples: Consumer’s physical location
- Collected: YES
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like:
- Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- Personal Information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
SageNet obtains the categories of Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from information you complete on login portals.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our website or interactions with our advertisers.
Use of Personal Information:
SageNet may use, or disclose the Personal Information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that Personal Information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your Personal Information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your Personal Information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- We will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
SageNet may disclose your Personal Information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose Personal Information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that Personal Information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract. [The CCPA prohibits third parties who purchase the Personal Information we hold from reselling it unless you have received explicit notice and an opportunity to opt-out of further sales.]
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose:
In the preceding twelve (12) months, SageNet has disclosed Personal Information for a business purpose.
Sales of Personal Information:
In the preceding twelve (12) months, SageNet has not sold Personal Information.
Your Rights and Choices:
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. The information below describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights:
You have the right to request that SageNet disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months.
Deletion Request Rights:
You have the right to request that SageNet delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us, or our service provider(s), to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights:
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to SageNet by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 877-275-1951. Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
SageNet cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format:
SageNet will respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your Personal Information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance, specifically by electronic mail communication.
SageNet does not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
SageNet will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which SageNet collects and uses your information , your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us as follows:
- Via email: email@example.com
- Call us at our toll-free number: 877-275-1951