Different jobs call for different tools. In cybersecurity, deploying the wrong tools within an environment can quickly become counter-productive, whether introducing a false sense of security or distracting analysts with a glut of data the makes it impossible to discern the good from the bad.
On the other hand, the intelligent selection, implementation and management of the right toolset can empower you to successfully defend, detect and respond to the complexities of today’s cyber threat environment.
Firewalls have been a key component of network security for decades. To counter the evolving nature of the cyber threat environment, firewalls have become increasingly sophisticated. Today’s Next Generation Firewalls (NGFW) have advanced capabilities to help better enforce policies and detect and react to threats.
In addition, NGFW’s offer features such as:
- Stateful inspection capabilities
- Application awareness and control to recognize and block suspicious applications
- Intelligent security automation that dynamically hardens defenses
- Enhanced detection of suspicious activity
- The ability to evolve with the cyber threat environment
- Customizable database of thousands of known threats to stop attacks that may evade conventional firewalls
- Anomaly-based detection to recognize threats for which no signature has yet been developed
- Mitigating damaging attacks at security check points regardless of whether the network is a wired, wireless, partner extranet, or branch office network connection
- Centralized management, reporting and logging capabilities for auditing and forensic analysis
- Greatly increased network protection from malicious content
- Cloud-based service that blocks malicious traffic before it reaches remote sites
SageNet’s DLP service identifies sensitive information and blocks transmission to points outside of your network perimeter. A sophisticated pattern-matching engine monitors traffic from multiple applications, such as Web-based email and encrypted instant messaging, and provides audit trails to aid in policy compliance. Customers can select from a wide range of configurable actions to log, block and archive data, as well as ban or quarantine rogue users.
SageNThe IPS functionality protects your remote sites by stopping harmful malware before it gets into your network. By utilizing a threat database of several thousand known threats, the IPS service helps stop attacks that evade conventional firewall defenses. Features include:
Featured Case Studies
Discover how our customers put SageNet solutions to work.