Vice President, Sales
Director of Retail Technology for Sunoco Inc., where he had oversight of 6,800 locations across 29 states.
- Scott oversaw Sunoco’s Credit Card network that processed more than 1 million transactions per day, as well as its secure Communications Network and Technical Help Desk that supported all aspects of Sunoco’s convenience stores. He also was an early industry leader in the development of customer loyalty programs and served on many industry technology committees where standards for point of sale, back office and price sign integrations were developed.
- In addition, he has served as General Manager of Sunoco’s direct heating oil and propane business servicing 35,000 retail and commercial accounts in the Mid Atlantic Market. In addition he has managed a deep-water terminal and commercial fuel business for the Petron Oil Corporation. Currently, Cheek still serves as an advisor to the board of directors for AMBEST Inc., a chain of 300 independent truck stops.
Topics Scott can speak on
- C-store industry and technology, especially:
– Importance of technology all speaking the “same language” to reduce costs
– Gasoline/fuel loyalty rewards programs
– Merging of technologies from QSR, hospitality and C-store sectors
- Petroleum industry and technology, including:
– Entire petroleum industry lifecycle and service model
– Petroleum industry logistics
– Point of sale and understanding how today’s store technology all fits together
- Ran an organization with 35,000+ propane and heating oil customers, 300 employees, with a diverse group of represented and non represented employees
- Managed deep water terminals
- Developed environmental compliance spill prevention programs
- Supervised union and non-union employees, negotiated union contracts
- Has performed/negotiated 20-25 company acquisitions over his career
- Managed a sales force of 20+ people
- Developed and managed multiple safety programs
- Developed and managed many training programs designed to reward upward movement within an organization